Powered By Blogger

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Right now, I'm downstairs and everyone else is asleep upstairs. It's summer, so Katie sleeps in, Travis has been working late some, and my precious baby is sleeping better than ever. (although she was awake at 4am this morning). Time alone can be glorious! I remember a day when alone time was either boring or lonely. Now it is neither. It's time to regroup and be silent. It's something I never thought I would need. Now there are so many things that I could be doing, but writing has given me strength in the past, so I am making a conscious effort to get back into it. The challenges of everyday life sneak up on us so quickly, and we forget to prioritize the things that make life enjoyable. I get so caught up in making sure the house is clean, work is done, etc. . I want to make sure the house is clean, kids have everything they need, dinner is fixed, that sometimes I forget to look after what I need. Right now I need this... just to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment