Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Lately...



Lately things have been really busy. I'm working way more than I want too. Travis' job is getting really busy, Katie adds on more activities everyday, and Irelynn is growing and learning so fast.
Katie has been volunteering at Rex hospital in Cardiac and Endoscopy. She is loving the excitement of the hospital and being able to help out the patients. She and I have been volunteering a little bit with the SPCA and Ronald McDonald house for NCL, our community service club. This past weekend, we had Katie's family "Sweet 16." Later this month, she is planning a birthday dinner with friends at the Melting Pot.
Irelynn is doing all kinds of new things. She is great a shape games, like putting shapes through holes on her toys. She has started playing pretend with things. When I'm cooking dinner, she stirs her Cheerios or Goldfish or air in one of the pots and then pretends to put it on plates. She also loves to feed us her food. She has started singing a couple of words or humming along with her favorite shows on TV, which I think is precious! Her teeth are coming in and really bothering her. She has had a couple of really rough nights, but I think they have broken through and are bothering her less. I give her frozen waffles and cucumbers, and frozen go-gerts all the time. I'm most proud that she has started saying "peese" and "thank u" when prompted.
She has done a few funny/embarrasing things. I'll just touch on the highlights. We were eating dinner at a friend's house. When we went upstairs, she leaned over and spit over the inside balcony. That's when I learned that she and her daddy do that all the time off of the back porch;)

No comments:

Post a Comment