Powered By Blogger

Saturday, May 22, 2010


Days are passing so quickly lately. Irelynn is almost 8 weeks old. She has changed so much. She started cooing a little bit around five weeks, but now is really able to use her voice to make lots of sounds. Our big challenge this week has been Irelynn trying to suck her thumb. She tries and tries, but just can't get it in her mouth. She actually just tucks it under her fist and gets really frustrated that she can't figure the whole thing out. I try to guide her thumb into her mouth, a first of many challenges I hope that I can help her overcome. She fits into all of her 3 month clothes already. I'm really excited to see how much she ways at her 2month doctor's appointment on Monday. She has started really looking at her mobile and the toys that hang down from her bouncy seat. It is really fun to watch her change and grow.
The best thing that has happened is that she has slept 4 hours in a row on 3 separate nights! Yay! I thought that this would never happen. Surprisingly, sleeping 4 hours in a row seems like 8 to a new mom. I have felt so much more rested lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment